The S< jobs team is seeking Speech and Language Therapists to manage:
- 70 students.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 19 years with needs including autism, language and communication disorders and moderate to complex learning difficulties. Some of our students are resident
- Our Therapists assess, develop and deliver therapy to students in small groups and on a one to one basis. The department comprises Music Therapists, Art Therapists and Occupational Therapists, all supported by a team of Therapy Assistants. The department has an embedded therapies approach in which we work in partnership alongside our education staff. This enables us to pla n together and share best practice for the benefit of our students and offers invaluable therapy experience.
The Speech and Language Therapist will need to:
• Devise, develop and implement therapy for individuals and small groups of students
• Manage your own caseload of students (approx. 18), setting targets for them on a termly basis
• Assess students on admission and for annual reviews
• Be HCPC registered and belong to the RCSLT
• Be given regular supervision, mentoring and support
• Regular opportunities for specialist training and up-dating
• 33 days paid holiday including public holidays
• Free lunch during term time
• Comprehensive 5 day induction programme
• Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
• Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim and classes.
The salary range for this role is based on 37 hours per week, but will consider part time.